site stats
canny spcae The Canny Space

History
of Here

Conserve

Engage Sustain Why
Now?
Future
Plans
Our
Partners
Heritage
Learning
Connect
Online
BLANK
animation
History of here

unside viewThis handsome brick and stone church was built in 1718-19, perhaps designed by William Etty, who certainly played a part in fitting out the interior. Once in a quiet situation on the edge of a lively and vigorous port; now it is once again surrounded by open spaces. In 1735 the apse and its 'Venetian' window were added, the west gallery and a new roof in about 1803, but many of the 1719 furnishings remain.

The interior is brightly lit through large clear windows and has many appealing features:

history


The Canny Space is the working project name for Holy Trinity Church, Church Street East, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, SR1 2BB.

sunderland allotments on facebook  churches trusttwittertumbler